1. Alcohol and cigarettes:
Allowed to import duty free: 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco, alcohol and 0.95 liters.
2. Jewelries. Allowed the importation of ukrasheniy.
3. Weapons and ammunition.
Prohibited the importation of arms and ammunition.
4. Currency. The import and export of foreign currency previously imported is not limited, but the amount of more than 10 000 USA dollars should be indicated in the declaration.
In case of export of currency in excess of 2,000 USA $.
USA $ should provide proof of its legal origin.
5. Household appliances. Allowed duty free import cameras, video cameras, and other electrical appliances - 1 subject each item. Should be declared imported computers and laptops.
6. Other. Permitted the importation of food and household items within the personal needs.
7. Prohibited to import:
- gold bars;
- Gold coins without permission.
8. Prohibited to be exported:
- rare species;
- hides and skins of wild animals;
- feathers of rare bird species, ivory;
- live plants;
- gold and silver bars;
- jewelry, if their total value exceeds 2000 rupees (about 500 USA $).
Import of satellite phones in India without license from the Department of Telecommunications (DT), Government of India banned, as the baggage and hand luggage. According to the rules, import and use in India can only satellite phones, manufactured by "Inmarsat" (Inmarsat), with the exception of portable BGAN terminals for broadband satellite communications. In addition, India banned satellite communications services "Thuraya" (Thuraya). Found in luggage or personal belongings satellite phone, which is not licensed DT is subject to forfeiture at the checkpoint. In the case of the phone in India owner faces arrest and trial.